Thursday 20 February 2014

My mum doesn't like my boyfriend

Rathy says:
I mean she doesn't even know him well and she has never met him but my sister and my mum are saying that he's probably not even committed and that he is probably jut playing with me... Isn't it slightly unfair of them to say that when they haven't even met him and seen how lovely he is? and every time my mother gets angry at me, she always shouts at me by saying that when I'm older, I'll be having a lot of one night stands and basically labelling me as a S**T. I don't understand.
By the way, I come from India but i was practically raised in England and my mum has always told me that she's 'different' from other parents and that she would not mind if I had a boyfriend. But now that I do, she keeps judging me and its like the whole family has turned against me just because of the reason that I am seeing a guy who i really like. And now my mother is also saying that Im not allowed to go out to see him...but I like him and do you think it is okay for me to keep seeing him secretly? or is there a way to talk to my mum about this without her head literally blowing up with anger? :( Im sixteen by the way. 


Your mother clearly has issues from some kind of bad experience and is afraid for you. That said, you have the right to live your own life. If I was in your position I would secretly date the person until I was of age. Short of locking you up, I can't see her stopping you.

If you want to reason with your mother, try getting her head first - ask if she has had any bad experiences herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment