Thursday 13 February 2014

Does she like me?

Matt says:
Idk I'm just plain terrible when it comes to girls. She calls me Matty instead of Matt which is kind of weird because no one calls me that. I mentioned that to her and she stays that she calls everyone named Matt that, it's supposed to be in a satirical way or something (but I have no idea if that is true). Then I was walking down the hall in front of her and she said to her friend "he must like me, that's why he's walking so fast" I turned around and "yep, that must be it" and she ended with "It definitely is". Our experience is very limited, we sit next to each other in class and that's it. We just started the semester and she didn't say a single word the first week. Then one day she was just talking to me like we were best friends. I'm not sure if she likes me and is flirting, or if I'm overreacting and that's just her personality. I'm hesitant to act not because I'm afraid of being turned down but rather because I'm afraid that I have this all wrong and it's not what she's trying to do. Im not used to girl's flirting with me and this is definitely different behavior than I am used to, so that's why I believe she is flirting. But like I said it could just be her personality. So what do you believe it is? Thanks everyone, just trying to get as many opinions on the matter as I can! 

The first question you have to ask yourself is whether you want to date this girl. Just because someone likes you or flirts with you doesn't mean you have to respond to it. You simply might not want to! If you don't, there isn't a problem. You can just enjoy the attention!

If/when you do want to date someone, then risk and courage is involved. All relationships are a risk business, even when you're dating - it can all end horribly! You need to have the courage to take the risk in the first place, and if you get burned, to move on and try again.

There aren't many of us who get lucky first time - we get rejected, burned and even heartbroken, but if that happens, you also learn. Welcome to relationships!

If you want to date this girl, just ask her out! If she says no, the rejection might hurt but you will no where you stand and you can move on. Like exercise, no pain, no gain! But never let fear of being hurt stop you taking chances. You can't be safe AND happy. Feel the fear and do it anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment