Monday 10 February 2014

Am I being abused?

Nita Robinson says:
I think I may be involved in something like this but i'm really not sure. i have been with this man for several years and i am noticing lately more and more that i am feeling very bad about myself. i thought that when you were in a relationship you were to be able to talk about anything - i sometimes share things about myself with him and it's like he files it somewhere in the back of his head to use against me in a negative way later. it hurts because i never do that to him. he says he loves me more than anything and that nobody is ever going to love me like he does. he is constantly telling me about myself, my behavior, correcting me. some people say that verbal abuse is name calling, putting down and stuff like that. but what he does hurts and he has always said i'm too sensitive. and even after reading about emotional manipulation i'm still not sure what it is
 
This is NOT love - this is control. Someone who loves you appreciates you as you ARE, praises you, expresses gratitude and makes you feel worthy. You are being abused, pure and simple, and I see a lot of this. Get out and get out NOW. People WILL love you considerably better than this man, who doesn't love you at all - he just wants a submissive to control. The longer you put off making your escape, the worse it will be. Seek help from women's groups if necessary, but don't waste another minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment