Tuesday 11 February 2014

How do I break up with my fiancee?

Sugar Queen says:
I won't list all the reasons here. Only that he's a good person and I love him but I've never been in love with him. I haven't told him yet because I'm scared of the reactions of his and my family (I'm really young, so I'll probably get 'I told you so' looks). I love his family and his friends, too. I wish there was a way of going back to boyfriend and girlfriend, because, really, the prospect of marriage itself is what ruined the relationship. I wish I could still go to his house and watch movies and hang out with his friends, because I know after this, I'll never see them again.
I've tried to tell him, twice. But I kept losing my nerve and changing the subject. So I'm scared to talk to him face to face. You think it would be okay if I texted or emailed him that I want to break up, and then invite him over so I can give a full explanation? 


Time for courage. The longer you leave this the harder it will get. Do NOT do it by text. I have been told that it helps to meet in a public place, telling him you have something important to discuss.

This will not be pleasant but it is absolutely the right thing to do. The sooner you do it the sooner you can get on with your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment