Wednesday 19 February 2014

Why am I so jealous?!

Elle says:
I have this guy friend and we are very close but he is 3 years older than me and we are in highschool. I like him and have a huge crush on him but I am just a friend to him. Recently another friend of mine (female) met this guy, she is one year older than me. This friend ahas a boyfriend but yesterday she told me she liked him. It was at school and I started to feel sick and sad. Today at school she said he knows she likes him and she thinks he likes her too. I was also unwell today so I went home at lunch. I got home and my female friend messaged me that she and my crush walked home together and it was funny (me and my guy friend usually walk home together) she is talking about him a lot and I feel very jealous. I don't even want to like him. I feel angry and sad and sick to my stomach about this stupid boy. Why do I have to be so jealous?!? 

Your problem is that boys and girls can't really be friends if one secretly has the hots for the other. You did what was the expedient thing rather than the best thing and now you're paying the price for that. There is still time for you to take one of two options. The best thing requires both courage and ruthlessness - to tell him how you really feel and always felt. Whatever happens, everyone will understand each other.

The other option is to accept you missed your chance, let him go and keep him at arm's length, and if he asks why, be straight with him.- you can't be his friend when you want to be his lover. This is a textbook case of what happens when you take what seems to be the easiest path - it just makes things harder!

When you feel something, you can't deny it because it's inconvenient. People are not motivated by logic, but by desire! You have now learned this the hard way. Make your play or back away.

No comments:

Post a Comment