Tuesday 11 February 2014

My wife is worried about the babysitter

Irishfan says:
I’m 21, my wife is 21, and our son is 3. My wife and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary. Our go to babysitter, My wife’s sister, God bless her for giving up her Friday night to watch him but she wants her friends over. Her idea is to have 3 of her friends from high school come and watch him as well. They’re nice girls, but he’s never met them. 1 of 3 things will happen

1) he’s well behaved and they become “ friends”
2) he’s poorly behaved and they never watch him again
3) He’s too shy

My wife is worried that the girls will be to involved in one another that they'll forget about him.
Should we let the 2 girls watch him?


Your wife has it right. Babysitting and partying, no matter how low-key are mutually exclusive. Do not take any unnecessary chances with your child. They may be nice girls but they won't be attentive enough if they're distracted with each other. Get a babysitter who brings a book or some work, not one who wants to socialize.

No comments:

Post a Comment