Thursday 13 February 2014

What do I get her for Valentine's Day?

Robin Kearney says:
The pastor's daughter and I get on really well. I am a guy who is 4.5 years older than her. I tend to be a bit shy when it comes to complimenting girls and worry that it can be a turn off or that I'm stalking. We have known each other for a few years as we both go to the same church and youth group. I'm in 6th year college and she is just starting 2nd year college. A few weeks ago this girl put her arm around me during a group prayer and then afterwards slid her arm (and hand) horizontally along my mid to lower back as we moved apart. We get on really well as friends and talk after church about different things like school, hobbies, etc. She has never had a boyfriend once in her life. I have never had a girlfriend in my life. Lately, she been wearing dresses to church that expose her a bit more with shorter skirting and more of her chest/cleavage showing. She is very attractive, and kind. NOW, TO THE QUESTION: With valentines day around the corner, what could I do/say to her for it? I'll be seeing her at youth in the evening on the 14th of Feb but I wondered whether I should text her. Getting a gift seems a bit too much. What should I say, or should I just leave it and not do anything? I just hope that if I do something, she'll receive it well. I'm also interested in her as a girlfriend but I suppose that's for another time... Please answer sincerely. Thanks. :) 

I spent my young adult life in the church so I think I can speak with some experience. This is your ideal opportunity, gifted to you on a plate, to ask her out. All you need is red roses and courage. Give her the roses and ask her for the honour of being her guy.

Relationships are like most things you do in life - no guts, no glory. If you are in the church you have learned about faith. Time to start working that faith muscle! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment