Wednesday 19 February 2014

Am I capable of a serious relationship?

Diana says:
I am 20 years old and I have to admit that I honestly don't know what type of partner I would become. When I was in high school, I had a few immature relationships, but that was definitely not love. Then I met this guy, we were in a relationship for 2 years, but it wasn't healthy so I decided to end it. Ever since that serious relationship, I went back to the old "me" where I just went around date different guys, maybe had a few relationships, but my heart was never committed to them. I don't know exactly who I am and I don't know what is love (It's too abstract for me to interpret). My relationship stories are a ritual. First, I would feel something, then I thought I was in love so I stepped ahead, and then relationship, but it ALWAYS have a maximum amount of date (even before I had that serious relationship, I was like that). It always ends within a month or so, only that single guy passed 1 month.
I don't really know what's going on with me, and sometimes I'm well confused with my emotions. Eventually I don't want to trust my feelings anymore, because it's only temporary. I am an introverted extrovert. I am able to please people, to make people laugh, but I'm not good at expressing my feelings. I guess I have this trust issue for people in general, I communicate with my head more than interacting with others when it comes to difficulties. The relationships became extremely difficult for me because I always tend to rationalize everything, and I have this evil thing where I always have to test guys. (Like asking random questions and analyze their answers, or judge them based on their behavior).

In my past relationships, I was never the girl where I would depend on the guy, and to be honest, most guys I date were just too immature, dumb for me. I am not trying to downgrade men, but I just think I'm way to intellectual than most of them. I feel like I can never let my guard down, and I trust myself way too much so I doubt others (girls are another matter, I'm talking about men here). Once in a while, I would fancy a relationship with a man so that someone can accompany me, but this 'need' diminishes as the reality and facts hit. I really can't picture myself being with anyone, and days passed by, It's been four years since my last serious relationship. I know I'm still young, but I am well confused here, so please if anyone could answer these questions for me. Appreciate it! 


Your problem is, never having been in love, or having no idea what it is or if it really exists, you don't really know what you want from a relationship.

You can pick up guys any time, but unfortunately, you can't choose love, love chooses you, at a time and place of its own choosing. Some folks never experience it.

However, none of these means there is anything wrong with you, and there is no rule that says a relationship must be serious and committed. In addition, from what you're saying, I don't think you're doing anything bad. If I guy can't keep your interest, then he just isn't "the one" - next please!

I really would just accept yourself as you are and continue to date guys on your own terms. But whatever you do or don't do, love isn't something you can schedule. And from experience, be careful what you wish for. True love is one hell of a roller-coaster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment