Thursday 20 February 2014

Is being friends the right thing to do?

Ninjamuffinduck says:
we didn't break up because of arguements or issues between us, it was more issues at the situation.
We are both at uni and the distance got to him as well as him feeling that he didn't know where his life was going and he just didn't want this right now.

The actual relationship was good.

However he said he doesn't want to lose me cos I'm an amazing person and wants to stay friends.

Personally I think it'll be tough being friends but if we could get back together I would try because I think if the situation was right, where we could properly be together then I think the relationship would really work.

We're gonna talk about it soon but I just would like a bit of advice of what to do
Although I don't want to lose him romantically, I don't want to fully lose him out of my life either. 


You have made the crucial point yourself - it would be tough being friends because you would always be wanting more. I don't know if this helps but I met my wife whilst on vacation at uni. When I had to go back I was inclined to end it, but she was DETERMINED to make it work - she'd come to see me every fortnight at enormous expense. We've now been married 28 years.
I am inclined to suggest you fight for this love until you are convinced he doesn't love you back. If you end up friend-zoned, you will simply be frustrated and unable to move on. Fight for him or leave him completely behind, painful though that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment