Friday 31 January 2014

He remarried and gave my half-sister my name!

Lynda Dixon says:
My dad and mom divorced when I was 3 years old, I met my real dad for the first time at seven years old by this time he and his new wife name there first daughter the same name as mine? Who would do something like this to a child, in a situation like this the damage it caused for me emotionally is so deep , my siblings my real sister and brothers never showed any concern or reassurance I was as important as the other lynda, no one cared, no one noticed,?? 

It is certainly a very odd thing to do! By your dad choosing to do this, he is suggesting you were somehow a mistake and your half-sister is the real deal. He might not have actually intended to imply that, but it is at the very least grossly insensitive.

Parents divorcing is always very hard on the child - there is often a feeling in the child that it's somehow their fault. However you are not alone - there are plenty of us who found themselves lower priority than someone or something else. You should always be made to feel special, but the reality is you were not.

Your choice is now this - are you going to spend your life feeling sorry for yourself for what you didn't get, or are you going to make something of your life? If you want to be happy, you will need to be tough - you will have to believe in yourself when no one else seems to.

Put your own gifts and talents to good use and make a difference with them. You will eventually attract people who can see what you've got and respect you for it, and you will feel justified but, you only really need one believer and that's yourself. Get yourself out there and be unique, be special and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment