Tuesday 28 January 2014

How do I get over my ex?

Skyler says:
Hello, I'm having a very bad time in my life right now due to my break-up. I can't get my ex out of my head. I literally tried everything. (Including drinking,drugs,trying to cause myself amnesia;suicide,meeting new people,therapy,keeping myself busy etc..) Of course I failed at everything :I or I wouldn't be here right now. It's been 7 months since we broke up and it's like it didn't happen first thing I think about when I wake up is "Oh yay I think she's online now" then I remember we broke up and I go into a crying frenzy. Cheery eh? :p but yea me and her were together for about 4 years. She's my "first love" I don't really like that romance movie term. Me and her first started talking online and she is/was literally the most amazing person ever me and her met in real life twice. She's my first friend and the only person I've ever kept contact with for over a week (excluding family) She has MPD and she is always so moody and she has anxiety so she thought I'd cheat on her and she left me and I promised never to talk to her again .-. I don't know what I should do to get over her,how long will it take? what can I do? any help?

You are not the only person to go through this! Breakups can be as painful as bereavements. Sometimes you never get over it. You will in time learn to live with the pain of it. It's a process that cannot be skipped or rushed.

Begin by accepting that the hurt is always going to be there - stop trying to escape it. However, your life is bigger than just your hurt. You are a person who in some way or other can make a difference - to yourself, to others, to your environment. Go make that difference. Accept you cannot bring happiness to yourself, but you can put a smile on someone else's face. Open a door, carry a bag, tidy a room - go do it. Drop the objective of happiness and take up the objective of a fulfilling life, for that you can achieve. Your pain gives you something to say, new wisdom and credibility in the eyes of others. Use that to make other people better. You won't regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment