Tuesday 21 January 2014

He doesn't trust me - he is scared I will hurt him in the future?

Nicole says:
I met someone whilst I was in a relationship with someone else. Now I know my previous relationship was flawed from the start and I had met him whilst I was very young. The problem is this new guy saw my lying to the previous about where I was etc and he said i'm such a convincing liar that he will never be able to trust me and is scared I will hurt him. Thus, he isn't prepared to start a proper relationship with me.
I have never done anything to abuse his trust. And I have always been open and honest with him about everything. Has anyone been able to deal with this situation and had a successful relationship from it? 



The guy has a point. Why did you not just dump your ex on the spot, or at least say you'll explain later then dump him face to face. Frankly it is because you were a coward and scared of a confrontation. If you still want this new guy you will need to start showing some honesty and courage. Swear to him that if he goes with you, you will never lie to him. You will also need to admit that you were a coward and you've learned your lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment