Thursday 23 January 2014

Why are people who play Second Life such idiots?

Anonymous says:
I decided to play the game today since I had finished all of my college work and I was pretty bored.
I played it for about 2 hours before I had finally had enough. The people who play that game are bloody mental and pathetic. I'm not talking about those who just play for a few hours and then call it quits, I'm talking about people who spend years playing that game. Spending real money to buy virtual objects...

I get it, when I have a bad day at college the first thing I want to do is play some games. It calms me down and allows me to relax for a while but these people spend hours upon hours on the blasted thing.

I don't understand how someone's life can become so horrendous and mundane that they are happy to sit in front of a screen all day instead of interacting with real people.

This is coming from someone who is Autistic and finds it difficult in social situation.

I met a guy who kept talking about his overly matcho muscle avatar claiming that this is what he looks like in real life. I met a woman who claimed she goes on there to practise 'pregnancy'. A man who was bragging about taking out a loan to buy this virtual house or something...

I just don't understand... 



This is not so much a question but a rant. Being a (managed) sociopath I understand how you feel, but the short answer is GET OVER IT. It takes all kinds. We're all turned on by different things. In fact, it's our diversity that makes us strong and flexible. It boils down to Physics and the way things vibrate - you just vibrate in a different way to them. Accept it, wish them every happiness and go live your life your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment