Wednesday 22 January 2014

Pretending to be friends

James says:
his is gonna be a long story.....
Basically i love this girl, she used to be my best friend and she told me that she liked me about 3 months ago. I already liked her about 6 months ago and i obviously still do now since i'm writing this. Anyways this girl, lets say her names Sarah, said to me that she didn't feel ready for a relationship until her birthday. This was fine with me and so the plan was that we were gonna wait for her until her birthday and then we can go out :)

Turns out that her Mum didn't want her in a relationship until her Gcse's have finished at the end of year 11 (when we're 16, we're 14 at the moment). So of course this upset us both and i didn't know what to do, i mean i love this girl so much and i really want to be with her since she's honestly amazing, so i decided that that i'd wait for her- much to her surprise:)

Because of this , this means that i have to wait for about a year and a half. This is a long time to be waiting for somebody but she's worth it for me:) She also said that she's happy waiting too and yeah, hopefully things happen between us....

But then about i don't know, a month ago- Sarah told me that she always constantly feels guilty when she says stuff to me like i love you etc, and so because of this we from then on have to act like friends until a year and a half in the future. Of course this raised an issue for me as i then have no idea of whether or not she'll like me in the future if we're just not gonna say anything that'll make me know she loves me. So i kind of got upset/confused as to what's actually gonna happen in the future, but the plan to wait was still on. So since then , I've never put hearts to her on text, not said anything like i love you etc, and she hasn't said that to me either. But by the way we talk to each other on text i can still tell that she still loves me since we say cute things to each other etc. 



Then about 3 days ago we were talking and she put a heart to me on text, she then said that she got carried away and that she's sorry about putting that. Obviously i said that it's okay and i put a heart back. She quickly changed the topic back to what we were talking about as she seemed embarrassed. Because of her saying this, i can tell that she's struggling in the being friends as if nothing is happening part, because i know for definite that i am to :P

Then last night, we were talking as usual and she said something really cute to me and then she said to me that she loved me. This kinda shocked me as she hadn't said this to me in over two months and i honestly never expected her to say that again until we go out :P
I then said to her that i love her too, and then eventually we went to bed.

Then after being with her at school today, she messaged me when she got home basically saying that she's sorry for what she said last night and that from now on we HAVE to be just friends. The waiting plan is still on but she said that if it happens it happens. She said that she may not 100% still like me in a year and a half but she said that it's more than likely that it's gonna happen. So now we're back to square one again- acting like something we're not. I mean we love each other but it's just so hard to do this- my feelings for this girl are never gonna change and i will wait for her and stay close to her so it happens , she's gonna wait for me too. Hopefully we get to go out in a year and a half's time but it just seems as though everything's just going wrong for us... first with her Mum , now with this because of her Mum making her feel guilty.


What's your guys opinions on this whole thing? I'm surprised if you even read this far as i know it is long but yeah, i really need opinions off people , feel free to message me or anything :) 



Firstly I deeply admire your commitment to this girl. you are showing a patience and dedication that's very rare for a teen. Your girl's mum is being completely unreasonable - dating is a normal and healthy part of growing up and need not get in the way of education. Education is very important but so is learning about relationships. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it. Your girl is not old enough or not yet willing to assert herself against her Mum's wishes. If you are going to wait, there's always a chance one of you will change your mind and you will have to accept that. In the meantime I see no point in pretending to be just friends to each other, and no harm in hearts and kisses on texts, but of course she has to see it that way too. If it's meant to be it will be, and if it doesn't work out, you will be sad and hurt but you will love again. Good luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment