Tuesday 21 January 2014

My abuser wants to come to the wedding

Stephanie says:
My Stepdad used to sexually abuse me, and my fiancée's family all know and refuse to come to the wedding if he's there. My Mother doesn't know and that's how I want it to say, also she wouldn't go without him. What can I say to my family about my partners family not coming?
My wedding is supposed to be the happiest day of my life but when there's just my abuser, my mother and sister there it's going to be really awful. 


It's awful that you have been put in this position. But out of respect for yourself you must be strong. Your mother has made her choice and it isn't you. Hold your wedding with your fiancees family because they obviously care for you. Make them your family. I am estranged from mother, father, sister and daughter but I have no regrets. I'd rather be with people who make me happy

No comments:

Post a Comment