Tuesday 28 January 2014

Our double-date is not working out!

Lily says:
I'm a girl, and me and my best friend are 'dating' two guy best friends. The guy I'm dating is really sarcastic and I have a bad gut feeling like he is laughing 'at' me instead of 'with' me. He's nice, and I'm sure he doesn't mean it but he seems a bit stuck up. He keeps kissing me and holding my hand and everything is moving too fast like public display of affection. On the other hand, my best friend and his best friend aren't the same. My best friend doesn't make that much of an effort to talk to him. My best friends 'date' keeps giving me eye contact and chatting freely to me. We get on quite well as he is just down to earth and easy going. I think I like him :S what should I do? It's so difficult. Should I just withdraw myself from the situation completely? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings 

Time to be honest with yourself about what you really want. It seems to me that the two current relationships are not working anyway. Secondly, you can't live life worrying about offending people - that's inevitable - every pisses off somebody anyway, so you might as well do it living the life you want to live.

If you like the other guy, just tell him how you feel. Understand though that relationships is a risk business, but taking risks is unavoidable in life - no riskit no biscuit! Follow your heart - it's your best friend. If you want this guy put your feelings out there and be prepared to accept whatever comes back. It's better tan spending a life time wondering "what if..."

No comments:

Post a Comment