Tuesday 3 June 2014

Why am I so annoying?

Cornelia says:
I'm really annoying and I end up annoying myself, every day that will be me and I'll annoy the **** out of my friends, then I'll start to feel bad and wonder why I'm not normal. Then people think I'm sad and depressed. Now this is me on a regular basis and I feel that people are just starting to think I'm attention seeking.
 

I'm either really annoying to the point of where everyone hates me or really sad to where I think my friends are calling me an attention seeker. I always told myself when I was younger I wouldn't be the girl that would be so weird with emotions I'd always be that one great friend, but lately I've just been called complicated and confusing and over emotional I don't know what's wrong with me what do I do? 

You're trying too hard! You are scared of being ignored and overlooked. But you don't need to draw attention to yourself to be part of the group. You have two ears and one mouth to be used in those proportions. Do a little more attentive listening. Not only will you learn more about the people you hang with, when you listen, all that noise and worry in your head starts to calm down.

Look for opportunities to be genuinely helpful or say something nice rather than trying to entertain. You will find your place in the group and in the world as a whole by making a helpful difference, so be alert for opportunities to be genuinely helpful. Few of us are natural comics and comedians or entertainers, and we don't need to in order to be to be happy and get recognition.

When there are no apparent opportunities to contribute, that is the time to listen and learn. Taking up meditation about 15 minutes per day will also help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment