Thursday 26 June 2014

Should I get involved with my manager?

Jolene says:
My manager is like really nice, and he keeps groping my *** at work, is constantly texting me and keeps asking me to go out with him... Should I? Is it wrong cause he's my manager should we not break them boundaries, I don't know what to do... I've not long started the job about a month or so ago, I work in a wine bar I'm 20 years old and he's 27

The reality is no matter how "unprofessional" it's supposed to be, relationships do happen and people do hook up at work. The trouble is the stakes are very high. At best, it could be a wonderful romance, but at worst one or both of you will lose your job, and there is potential for jealousy and resentment amongst work colleagues.

The first thing to check out is whether this guy is definitely single and what kinda baggage from the past he's got. If he seems straight-up then follow your heart and be prepared to accept the worst-case scenario if it goes wrong. I don't believe in the safest option, but don't be naive either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment